Family Participation Program
Our classes, student programs, and Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) events need your support to be effective and successful. In an effort to encourage that kind of support, all K-8th families are required to participate in the CTCS Family Participation Program. This is a mandatory program that renews each school year. Contracts go out in Back-to-School Packets along with a list of suggested opportunities for involvement. The requirements for this program are as follows:
- All families of students grades K-8 must participate.
- Minimum requirement is 20 hours per year.
- Participants must be age 18 or over.
- Hours must be completed by March 31 of each school year.
- Families who do not meet the 20-hour minimum will be subject to a $200 fee due by May 1. Families must complete the entire 20 hours to be eligible for the $200 fee waiver. Partial waivers will not be given.
- If you are unable to complete the participation hours, you may choose to opt out. Each tuition account for families who opt out will be charged a $200 fee in May of the school year.
- Families with more than one K-8th grade child are only required to complete 20 hours total.
- City Tree staff will issue stickers for each 30 minutes of participation. Most staff members and PTO officers will have stickers to issue. Use request forms available outside most classrooms.
- Parents are responsible for requesting these stickers from staff members.
- When you are issued stickers, fill out the appropriate information in the Participation Binder located in the school office, and apply your sticker(s) to the sheets as needed. The first time you do this, you will need to find a blank sheet at the front of the binder, record your child’s name and put in the proper alphabetical order section by last name. There will be one sheet per family.
- It is the responsibility of each family to put their stickers in a safe place! Stickers cannot be issued more than once for the same participation hours, so it is important to add them to the binder as soon as possible.
- Stickers can not be given to another family. We value each families’ involvement and this defeats the purpose.
The following is a list of possible participation opportunities:
- Help in a classroom, including, but not limited to, driving on field trips, preparing supplies for projects or assignments, grading papers, working with students, supervising activities, etc.
- Performing Room Parent duties such as organizing class activities/parties, working on the Christmas program, etc.
- Attending PTO meetings, serving on PTO committees for such activities as Fall Festival, Gala, fundraising, etc.
- Assisting with school-sponsored activities such as basketball, choir, After-School Program.
- Assist in the office with clerical tasks.
- Help with school events such as assemblies, field trips, picture days, fun runs, etc.
- Help in the lunchroom or the library.
This list represents just a few opportunities for you to get involved. Specific schoolwide opportunities, when they arise, are often posted at the entrance of the school and/or in the weekly email update. When you desire to volunteer in any capacity, or if you have other ideas of how you might assist our school, please make arrangements in advance so that we can take full advantage of your help.
Click here to download the Family Participation Program Request for Stickers. Please download, print, fill out and return to the school office or your child’s teacher.